Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Athon

This must be the year of -athons.  Last month I went on a walk-athon...and this Saturday (well Sunday really) I plan to participate in a Read-athon....

Why?

To get through my TBR pile.  TBR for the non-bibliophiles amongst us..means To Be Read...

And I'm on holi-diddly-days so I can do what I like...which is to read...and I'm sick of knitting jackets for babies that for some reason have one sleeve longer than the other....sorry babies...must have been distracted by Michael Jackson's dancing in This is It - which was so worth watching...no really...I always liked Michael Jackson's dancing...

And so, what's on the TBR pile??

  1. The Talented Mr Ripley - Patricia Highsmith (which Helen lent me)
  2. Last Seen in Lhasa - Claire Scobie (which Karen lent me)
  3. Perfume - Patrick Suskind (which Patricia lent me)
  4. S'pose I Die - Hector Holthouse (which Patricia's mother-in-law lent me - sort of)
  5. High Fidelity - Nick Hornby (which Lynda lent me)
  6. Whisper Me Your Secrets - Brenda Hall-Taylor (which Lynda also lent me)
  7. Let the Great World Spin - Colum McCann (from the library)
  8. Have Mercy on Us All - Fred Vargas (from the library)
  9. The Radetzy March - Joseph Roth (from the library)
  10. The Return of the Native - Thomas Hardy (from the library)
  11. The Boy in Red - Violet Needham (wot I bought on e-bay)
  12. Beware of Pity - Stefan Zweig (wot I bought from the Book Depository)
  13. The Lacuna - Barbara Kingsolver (from the library)
  14. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson (wot I bought from Myer)and most fittingly - last but not least
  15. Why Should anyone be Led by You ? - Rob Goffee and Gareth Jones

If I read the first three I'll be very happy.  How many do you think I can read?

No comments: