Monday, June 14, 2010

40 Squares


Isn't this luscious fabric?

I had my second "Yellow Brick Road" lesson at Patches on Saturday.  Poor Christine was ill with the flu so Bev stepped into the breach.....

This was an exciting day because we are starting to see what we are creating and we had to choose our fabrics for our border...I could not resist this....and then Bev and Sharon helped me choose trim and relief border colours.....




so yesterday I spent sewing squares and then strips together making sure that where necessary seams were opposing...lots of ironing....this is what 40 squares looks like sewn together....this will be the size of a lap quilt...



 


2 comments:

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Why am I surprised at your use of colour. But I am.
It is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

Do you think it is time for a red wine yet?

Little Snoring said...

Love the fabric! I also like the pattern you are using for the quilt - is the pattern called 'Yellow Brick Road'?

Looking forward to seeing the completed top... I forsee this will be just the first of many..