Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fabulous Fifty!!


On this day - fifty years ago - John F Kennedy declared his intention to put a man on the moon before the decade was out.  Fabulous but true!!

Oh - and I was born...

Today is National Simultaneous Storytime, organised by the fabulous folk at ALIA.

When was the last time someone read you a story?

When was the last time you read someone a story?

Here's a fabulous story....Feathers for Phoebe by Rod Clement

Children all over Australia listened to this story at 11am today.



I'm a bit late but you can listen to this story anytime you want and a very good one it is too.

What's your favourite story?

Want to find out about some great free stories to read on your e-reader?
Check out this fabulous blog by friend Helen.....

I want to share the birthday joy by giving one of my followers a $50 (Australian) voucher to spend on Etsy.  For you fabulous folk in the US of A - that's worth $52.5331!!!!

But I need to get to 50 followers.

When I get to 50 followers, then I'll use a trusty method from my good friend Grand Purl Baa (used on Melbourne Cup Day every year to pick the winning horse).

Everyone's name will go in an ice-cream bucket, they will be chucked ceremoniously across the kitchen floor and the first one wins!!!

But you have to follow my blog and you have to comment on this post.

Ready...set....go.....once upon a time......



3 comments:

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

What do I have to do?
What is going on?
Who's birthday is it?
Who is John F Kennedy?
Where am I?

happy biffday to you
happy biffday to you
happy biffday dear Mrs Olix Dax
happy biffday to you

kristieinbc said...

Happy Birthday from Canada! I hope you had a great day. I have been reading your blog for a couple months, but will now officially become a follower.

FleurFisher said...

What a day you picked to make your entrance into the world. Happy birthday! As a Wordpress person i have no idea how the whole business of followers works - but I am keeping an eye on you!